Dear subscribers, friends, and fellow bloggers,
I have moved to a new website, so I will no longer add blog posts to this site. Please follow me on my new site, which I am sure you will enjoy the much needed additional content.
You can find me at http://www.myoilfixation.com
Recently, I was wondering what to do with my empty bottles. Most people would recycle them, which I considered. But I just kept thinking, what if there is still a little bit of oil I can somehow manage to squeeze out of that bottle?? I just couldn’t throw them away. Good thing I didn’t. There are so many options, so I wanted to share a few of them.
- Make bath salts. Pull the tops off and put the bottles in either epsom salt, sea salt, or a combination of the both to make bath salts. Leave the bottles in the salt until you draw a bath. The salt will draw out any remaining oil in the bottle and the aroma will absorb as well.
- Use the empty bottles as a roller ball. You can purchase roller fitments to turn any bottle into a roller ball. WHAT?? Check them out here.
- Turn the bottle into a spray bottle. You can order fine mist spray tops that fit on both 5-ml and 15-ml bottles, you will just need to cut the stem to fit. These are great for body sprays, throat spray, room spray, linen spray, on the go poo-pourri spray. As soon as you start thinking about this idea, the options are endless. You can find the fine mist sprayers here.
- Share. Refill the bottle with your favorite oil or blend and share with friends and family.
- Air Freshener. Even when your essential oil bottle appears empty, the fragrance is still there! Take off the lid and place the bottle in a concealed place to keep things smelling fresh. Place a bottle near your kitchen garbage can, in a linen closet (think towels and sheets, in your laundry room, in your car, or closet near the shoes.
- Carrier oils on the go. Add carrier oils (I recommend cleaning the bottles out first) to take on the go, especially when traveling so you can dilute oils when needed.
- Reed diffuser. Add reed diffuser sticks to the open bottles. Create your own blends and place throughout your home, in your office, or give as gifts.
- Dropper cap with your capsule recipe. Do you take essential oils in capsules? The easiest way to fill capsules is with a dropper cap. If you take specific oils or oil blends in capsules on a regular basis, putting those oils in a separate bottle with a dropper cap will make filling the capsules much easier!
Raging hormones, eye rolls, smack talking, attitude, laziness…… Oh I could go on. It starts at a very young age and seems to last forever!
Diffuse some oils around them that they will benefit from and hey maybe make them a happy person. Look, I am desperate here.
Lavender essential oil will help them relax and bring back some emotional balance. Maybe they will take a nap, please. Sleeping teens are so peaceful. The house is peaceful. It’s a win – win.
Another essential oil I have been reading about is Dragon Time. It is helpful for those moody days. It contains a mix of Clary Sage, Fennel, Lavender, Jasmin and Yarrow Essential Oils. When this oil is diffused into the air, this oil brings balance to the emotions in times of hormonal stress. YES!! Adding this to my next essential rewards order.
Bergamot Essential Oil is great for teenage mood swings. This oil has uplifting and sedative properties (yep) and can help with agitation. When diffused, this oil helps relieve anxiety. This oil is truly amazing and smells wonderful!
So throw a diffuser in their room and add these oils. Who knows maybe they will emerge like a human and not an alien. Ummmm, I mean more happier and loving!
Young Living’s Cool Azul™ Pain Relief Cream provides cooling relief from minor muscle and joint aches, arthritis, strains, bruises, and sprains. Their plant-based formula combines the power of Wintergreen essential oil with our exclusive Cool Azul essential oil blend.
With two powerful, synergistic active ingredients, this cream provides pain-relieving benefits in two ways: methyl salicylate found in Wintergreen helps alleviate pain deep in the muscles and joints, and natural menthol found in Peppermint provides a cooling effect.
If you need relief without synthetic ingredients, Young Living’s Cool Azul Pain Relief Cream is the answer!
Perfume usually leaves me with a horrible headache and my eyes hurt to the point where I was to gouge them out. When I use essential oils to create a perfume, I can wear it all day without any reactions or headaches. Makes me very leery about what is in perfume.
Click the below link for wonderful ideas and step by step instructions.
Add a daily shot of NingXia Red® to your diet to enjoy the benefits of this powerful, whole-body supplement. This sweet and tangy drink’s formula includes wolfberry, which is touted for its health benefits. Also featuring plum, aronia, cherry, blueberry, and pomegranate juices and extracts, Young Living’s NingXia Red is packed with superfoods to support overall wellness.
In addition to these antioxidant ingredients, NingXia Red’s formula includes pure vanilla extract and Lemon, Orange, Yuzu, and Tangerine essential oils for a great-tasting, healthy treat.*
Young Living NingXia Red benefits include support for energy levels, normal cellular function, and whole-body and normal eye health. A daily shot of 2–4 ounces helps support overall wellness with powerful antioxidants.*
750-ml bottles of NingXia Red are Halal and Kosher certified.
NingXia Red Uses
- Blend NingXia Red into your smoothie, acai bowl, or morning juice as part of a quick, convenient breakfast.
- Chill and serve NingXia Red to family and guests at gatherings and celebrations when you’re looking for a healthy alternative to sparkling drinks.*
- Treat children to this tasty drink instead of sugary sodas or juice cocktails.
- Combine with NingXia Nitro for a nourishing drink that also supports cognitive wellness.*
- Add a drop or two of your favorite dietary essential oil for an extra flavor boost! Try Peppermint, Thieves®, Cinnamon Bark, or Grapefruit.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Young Living products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Stress Away can help induce relaxation and reduce occasional nervous tension. Vanilla contains eugenol which may combat nervous tension, while cedrol found in Cedarwood essential oil helps to promote relaxation. Together these oils bring luxury and relaxation!
Diffuse or directly inhale the aroma of Stress Away essential oil during a hectic day to help you refocus your emotions and energy. Or use Young Living’s Stress Away Roll-On for a convenient, on-the-go massage.
Apply it to the nape of your neck or wrists for an invigorating and refreshing scent that will help you remember what’s most important. With Copaiba, Lime, Lavender, Cedarwood, and Vanilla, this oil’s sweet, woodsy, and floral scent is relaxing and grounding.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. Possible skin sensitivity. Avoid direct sunlight and UV rays for up to 12 hours after application.