What is Oola? Oola is a state of awesomeness. It’s living a life that is balanced and growing in the seven key areas of health and well-being. It’s unlocking the potential for greatness that lies within each of us. It’s finding true purpose and meaning for your life. The OolaGuys, Dr. Dave Braun (OolaSeeker) and […]
The Premium Starter Kit comes with eleven essential oils. Typically, when people order a starter kit, they have no idea what to do with these oils. Me included!
I ordered my starter kit a couple of years ago. It sat for a couple of months before I dove in and started using it, teaching myself along the way. I am still learning.
- DIFFUSE THEM. The easiest way to get starter is by opening your new diffuser, add some oils, and begin enjoining the smells and benefits immediately. Here are some great diffuser combos:
- Relax: Lavender & Stress Away
- Fresh & Clean: Purification & Lemon
- Sleep Tight: Lavender & Copaiba
- Happy: Peppermint & Frankincense
- Sniffle Fighter: R.C. & Thieves
- Seasonal: Peppermint. Lemon & Lavender
- Perk Up: Lemon & Peppermint
- Immune Booster: Thieves & Purification
- USE THEM IN THE KITCHEN.
- Wash veggies and fruits in a sink bath of water, baking soda and lemon essential oil. This helps to not only clean the produce, but also remove any waxy residue and pesticides that may be on them.
- You can also use Lemon eo to flavor your water (make sure you use a glass or stainless steel cup and straw). There are a lot of lemon recipes where you can use Lemon eo, just search on Pinterest.
- Keep a bottle of Lavender essential oil in you kitchen. Put a drop onto a burn immediately and it will save you from a blister.
- Peppermint essential oil is another oil that holds its own in the kitchen. You can make brownies, mojitos and whipped cream, just to name a few. It is a great addition to water also, giving you a huge burst of energy and alertness. Studies show that drinking peppermint water before a workout increases endurance and intensity of your workout. You can also mix peppermint with a carrier oil (almond or coconut) and massage it over your sore, achy muscles after a workout.
- BATHE IN IT. Draw a detox bath using hot bath water, 10 drops of essential oils to 1 cup of epsom salt and 1 cup baking soda. Some favorites essential oils to use are lavender and stress away for relaxation, and also great for kids bedtime bath. Lavender and Peppermint for PMS, Thieves and RC for when you’re feeling under the weather.
- BEAUTY DIY. The number of DIY items you can make is endless and tends to be of personal preference. Do a Pinterest search to find exactly what you are wanting to make or ask me for help. Sugar scrubs, room sprays, bathroom poo-pourri, bath bombs and lip balm are just a few of my favorites. We have a private Facebook group with a ton of DIY recipes and other great information. Ask me to join.
- GET HEALTHY AND STAY HEALTHY. Essential oils have so many health benefits it’s not even funny! It can take some time to get used to understanding each of their properties and the best use of them. However, two oils you need to know about are r.c. and digize. R.C contains three different types of eucalyptus essential oils and helps to promote an uplifting atmosphere. DiGize is another gem and helps it to support a healthy digestive system. It’s nice to keep with you at all times. Throw it in your purse, you just never know when you’re going to need something like that.
- ENJOY THE GREAT OUTDOORS. I suffer from seasonal allergies and know a lot of other people do also. It was this combo, lemon, peppermint, and lavender, that convince many people to try oils in the first place. Suddenly when this combo is diffused or rubbed on the back of their necks, they can enjoy time spent outdoors!
- CLEAN AND FRESHEN YOUR HOME. For a quick all purpose spray, fill a spray bottle 2/3 the way full of water and the rest of the way with vinegar, add 10 drops of essential oil. Thieves, lemon, and purification are my favorite go to oils. Plus, your house will smell amazing when you’re all done!
- BEAUTIFY YOUR SKIN CARE. Add essential oils to your skin care routine! Lemon, tea tree, lavender, frankincense are my favorites to use on my face. Do yourself a favor, wash your face how you normally would. Then put a drop of frankincense on a cotton ball and swipe around like you would toner. You’ll be both amazed and disgusted at how much dirt and make up it pulls off of your face even AFTER washing it! Worth it’s weight in gold.
- GET YOUR LEARN ON. This is the best tip I can probably give anyone. Just dive in and start learning all that you can about oils. As a Lavender Sisterhood Oiler, you will have abundant resources at your finger tips, however nothing can take the place of you learning about the oils for yourself. I use a particular resource guide (essential oil pocket reference guide) and an essential oil app that I use on the run. I love that you can look up the uses of particular oils and look up different uses and figure out which oils to use. Whatever your need, this book is going to help you find the answer. I am constantly amazed at what these little bottles of essential oilsare capable of.
- SHARE THE OILY LOVE. Trust me on this one. Once you realize how amazing these oils are, you are going to want to share the love. You can definitely stick the sample little packs in your purse, stash them at work, or throw them in your car and use them for yourself. But honestly, it’s hard to keep it to yourself. The best part is once you start sharing these babies, you can start having your oils paid for, because trust me, you’re going to want more oils for yourself!