Recently, I was wondering what to do with my empty bottles. Most people would recycle them, which I considered. But I just kept thinking, what if there is still a little bit of oil I can somehow manage to squeeze out of that bottle?? I just couldn’t throw them away. Good thing I didn’t. There are so many options, so I wanted to share a few of them.
- Make bath salts. Pull the tops off and put the bottles in either epsom salt, sea salt, or a combination of the both to make bath salts. Leave the bottles in the salt until you draw a bath. The salt will draw out any remaining oil in the bottle and the aroma will absorb as well.
- Use the empty bottles as a roller ball. You can purchase roller fitments to turn any bottle into a roller ball. WHAT?? Check them out here.
- Turn the bottle into a spray bottle. You can order fine mist spray tops that fit on both 5-ml and 15-ml bottles, you will just need to cut the stem to fit. These are great for body sprays, throat spray, room spray, linen spray, on the go poo-pourri spray. As soon as you start thinking about this idea, the options are endless. You can find the fine mist sprayers here.
- Share. Refill the bottle with your favorite oil or blend and share with friends and family.
- Air Freshener. Even when your essential oil bottle appears empty, the fragrance is still there! Take off the lid and place the bottle in a concealed place to keep things smelling fresh. Place a bottle near your kitchen garbage can, in a linen closet (think towels and sheets, in your laundry room, in your car, or closet near the shoes.
- Carrier oils on the go. Add carrier oils (I recommend cleaning the bottles out first) to take on the go, especially when traveling so you can dilute oils when needed.
- Reed diffuser. Add reed diffuser sticks to the open bottles. Create your own blends and place throughout your home, in your office, or give as gifts.
- Dropper cap with your capsule recipe. Do you take essential oils in capsules? The easiest way to fill capsules is with a dropper cap. If you take specific oils or oil blends in capsules on a regular basis, putting those oils in a separate bottle with a dropper cap will make filling the capsules much easier!