If you are not sure where to begin your journey with essential oils and you had to pick just one to start with; I would recommend Lavender.
I use Lavender essential oil daily for restless legs and insomnia. But there are so many more uses. Keep reading.
- Apply 2 to 3 drops of lavender and the sting of the burn goes away. Continue applying throughout the day, and the healing occurs more quickly.
- For cuts and bruises apply a drop of lavender essential oil.
- Apply under the nose for seasonal relief and/or diffuse with peppermint, add a drop in a spoonful of raw honey.
- When you’re nauseous or struggle with motion sickness, you can put lavender around your belly button and/ behind your ears. Lavender is one of the essential oils that is safe during pregnancy, so it’s worth a try to see if it will help with morning sickness!
- You can freshen your laundry. I dry the clothes, and then add a couple of drops to the wool dryer balls we use, and toss them in on air dry.
- When your head hurts, you can rub lavender to your temples to alleviate the pain.
- Feeling stressed? Add a couple of drops to your palm and rub the back of your neck near the base.
- Soothe sunburns over the Summer by applying coconut oil with a couple of drops of lavender essential oil.
- Add a few drops to a handful of Epsom salts before a bath for a relaxing soak in the tub.
- Monthly Cramps. Massage lavender essential oil with a little coconut oil over the area and apply a warm compress.
- When your ear starts aching and you think it may lead to an ear infection, rub lavender around the ear, behind the ear, and down the throat.
- For a refreshing drink, add a drop of lavender to your favorite lemonade. I’ve also made lavender tea with warm water and honey.
Lavender essential oil is truly one of my favorites. If you want to learn more about essential oils, please email me or comment below. Or get started with Lavender essential oil now.