Lemon essential oil is cold-pressed from the rinds of lemons, giving its aroma all the brightness of the freshly picked fruit. Cheerful, sweet, and nostalgic, Lemon oil can eliminate odors and infuse your whole home with its clean, lemon-drop scent when diffused.
With its bright and joyful aroma, Lemon oil benefits skin and hair as much as its aroma benefits your environment. Your teens can add a drop to their evening moisturizer to reduce the appearance of blemishes, while you can add it to your conditioner for an aromatic treat that smoothes and shines the look of your hair. Because some citrus oils like Lemon can cause photosensitivity, avoid applying to exposed skin before spending time outside.
Lemon oil uses:
- Boost your home cleaning with the cheerful scent of fresh Lemons! Add a few drops to naturally derived floor, window, and surface cleaning solutions. Do not use Lemon oil on granite or stone, as it may etch the surface.
- Make Lemon part of your beauty routine, adding it to skin care products to reduce the appearance of blemishes or to conditioner and DIY hair masques to give your hair a smoother, shinier look.
- Diffuse Lemon alone or with other citrus and crisp-smelling oils such as Tangerine, Grapefruit, Orange, Bergamot, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Tarragon, and Eucalyptus Radiata to create an aromatic environment that is clean-smelling and positive.
- Cleansing and purification
- Oral health and remedy for halitosis (bad breath)
- Powerfully detoxes the body when taken orally
- Thirst quencher
- Remedy for abdominal colic pain
- Supports the respiratory system
- Calms stomach and aids in digestion
- Nourishes the skin
- Promotes Feeling of Fullness when taken orally
- Uplifting to the body and mind
- Supports overall wellness
- Cleans sticky residue
- Can stimulate creativity & feelings of well-being
- Enhances the flavor of food and drink
If you would like your very own lemon essential oil, click here.
Here are some additional uses for Lemon essential oil.